Saturday, June 27, 2009

Bonnaroo 2009,,,,,some pics and a list of bands I rocked with.....





Knowing from my teenage years, when you go to an outdoor show, always wear sandals that can be flipped off, so I can rub my feet in the soft warm grass...........AND, carry a waterproof shoulder bag, to put cameras and bottled water..................


My first show at the 'Roo was Janelle Mona'e at The Other Tent.....


'Roo has a safety tower and a ferris wheel...................All of Bonnaroo's attractions are enclosed in a secured area called Centeroo............All bags are checked and patrons frisked, patted down........No biggy.........Made me feel better.............

White Rabbits were playing here at This Tent....Oh yeah,,,all the venues have names associated with Tents and Stages.......


Right after this show, I headed back to camp early for the day.....STORMS.........Made it back to camp just in time for a severe storm to hit the area...........Last big storm of the weekend!!!!

moe. doing an acoustic show at the Sonic Stage on Friday afternoon............Thanks for turning me onto this band Greg..........I missed their electric show the next night............Too dang late at night for me..........I was wore out after Buffett,Wilco and Bruce..........moe. played from 2 am till 8 am...............I could hear them from the campground as the sun was rising..............I was thinking,,,"Dang, someones still cranking"...............It was moe............................

The Which Stage..............Buffett played this stage..............

HEY!!!!!

Statues....nice and HOT too.....

Camp
I was in quadrant #7.............If you look real close, bottom right flagpole,,,thats M2........My camp...Big rig trailer in center of pic is the ice trailer...........3.50 a bag.........


This is the What Stage.............This is where the BIG acts played..........ie,,,,Wilco, Bruce, Beastie, Al...........

Water fountain for cooling off...........


This is my view from camp as I headed back to Centeroo in the evening..........


My beacon/baloon...........This is what you would look for at night.............This would help if inebriated.............

Camp at night........Main road through campground straight ahead in lights........Very well lit....

When Jimmy Buffett showed up on Saturday morning he came to stage edge to say hi to the crowd.......................They went nuts.............

Nadirah Shakoor was at her very best..........


Mac Macanally, Jimmy Buffett, and Ilo...............Buffett played a full set, his special know it by heart songs, and Ilo spent time on a few of his songs............Show started at noon........I was front row in the center corridor at nine thirty...................FINS to the Left!!!!!!!!

Bands seen from start of festival to last evening...........
Janelle Mona'e
White Rabbits
Murs
Kaki King
Animal Collective
moe.
Santigold
Al Green
Beastie Boys (very last show EVER!!)
Ilo and The Coral Reefer Allstars (Jimmy Buffett)
Allen Toussaint
Booker T and The DBT's
Gov't Mule
Wilco
Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band
Erykah Badu
Merle Haggard
Snoop Dog
Neko Case
Phish
oh yeah,,,,,,,,,,,click on any picture to see a big version...........BONNAROO ROCKS!!!

No comments: